Your kidneys filter waste and excess fluid that your body does not need. Their function is essential for good health. Many kidney conditions may be painful, even life-threatening. Many treatment options and methods of prevention are available. If you find that you experience symptoms of kidney problems, you should make an appointment to see Dr. Gordon M. Castleberry. Simply call Starkville Urology at 662-324-1097 or toll-free at 1-877-285-3875.
- Sudden onset of shaking, chills and a fever of more than 102 degrees Fahrenheit
- Constant ache in the side
- Burning sensation when you urinate
- Urinating often
- Nausea and vomiting
Possible Kidney Problems
- Kidney Infection – A kidney infection occurs when bacteria in the bladder spreads into the ureters and kidneys. Repeated infections can cause kidney damage and, later, kidney failure.
- Kidney Stones – A clump of crystals of un-dissolved material in the urinary system is a stone. There are many substances that can make up a stone. A stone blocking the urinary system can be painful and dangerous.
- Kidney Function – When the kidneys are not able to cleanse wastes from the body, fluid and chemical imbalance occurs. This imbalance can lead to fluid retention, swelling, irregular heartbeat and death.
- Kidney Cancer – The most common kidney cancers are renal cell carcinoma, Wilm’s tumor, transitional cell carcinoma, oncocytoma, and angiomyolipoma.